Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Choices

Well here it is. My very first blog. This is something that I've been thinking about doing for quite some time now. The reason being that this took so long is because I'm not exactly technology-savvy and wasn't too sure where to start. However, with a little help and inspiration from a friend and a burning desire to help others, I decided that today is the day to start my journey of blogging, so you can start your journey of dreaming and succeeding.

You see, it all boils down to choices. Every single choice in every single minute of every since day results in a decision. That decision leads to having to make another choice, which results in another decision. It's a constant, endless cycle that will never end until we take our last breath. I made the choice to start a blog.  The choice to do so led me to a decision: which blog website do I go with? After deciding on Blogger, I was faced with another choice: topics. What do I write about? After deciding on writing about choices, I needed to figure out what the substance would be. See the cycle here?

Well, I didn't choose to start a fitness blog to write about blogs. I chose to start a fitness blog because I want to help you reach your goals, dreams, and aspirations. Everybody has dreams, but not everybody realizes that we get there by the choices we make. We all choose to get up and go to work in the morning (although sometimes we wish we didn't have to). We choose the outfits we're going to wear. We choose how our hair will look. We choose where to walk the dog. We choose what we want for breakfast. We choose our route to work. We choose whether or not to smile and say hello to people at work. All these choices lead to decisions...

By choosing to exercise, we have made a decision. Automatically. Done! Easy, huh?  We have decided to get healthier, even if by a tiny fraction of an amount, on that particular day. We've decided to lower our blood pressure, fight diabetes, fight obesity, get stronger, burn fat and calories, and just plain ole' feel better! All we have to do is choose to do this. This sounds simpler than it is, I know. But trust me, if you choose to have all of these positive things to happen to you on a day-in-day out basis, then you've already decided that you want the rest of your life to reward you with feeling great. And trust me, that is the best decision you can ever make. And look!--you've already started by choosing to read my blog.

1 comment: